If you are finding that your love life is in need of a little spring cleaning, it may be time to introduce some outside-the-bedroom elements in your love life. Heck, it may be time for the two of you to leave the bedroom all together. Maintaining a healthy relationship often times means keeping things interesting between the sheets. If you and your partner are having a hard time getting sparks to fly, try these tips and tricks to get the juices flowing. Being sexual doesn’t always have to happen when you are alone or in an intimate setting. By putting your conversations, actions and thoughts into a sexual frame of mind you can have an on-going foreplay that will likely lead to a hotter, steamier scene in the bedroom. Follow these steps and watch as the temperature starts to rise in your relationship.
1. Toys. It’s a pretty standard no-brainer that vibrators and sex toys are a great way to break up monotony in the bedroom. It’s easier and more widely accepted than ever for people and couples to shop for sex toys together so you need not feel embarrassed walking into our out of an adult sex shop.
2. Role playing. Again, nothing ground breaking here but don’t underestimate the power that role playing can have in a relationship. The ability to step outside one’s self and take on a new persona for a few minutes has the potential to be a major turn on for either party.
3. Be sexual. This doesn’t necessarily mean learning to do a strip tease or changing your entire wardrobe around. Sexuality can be achieved through doing extra curricular activities like hosting sex toy parties. Get the conversation going about sex and you’ll notice that you are in the mood for it more.
4. Wardrobe changes! To really get things heated up in the bedroom try wearing something fun. Ladies may want their men to wear something special and guys can surprise their women by getting them some lingerie to compliment their figure.
5. Candles, candles and more candles. This one’s self explanatory but mood lighting is important when being intimate.
6. Music. Everyone has an artist or album that gets them in the mood. Find out what “does it” for your partner and pair that album up with some candles.
7. Be spontaneous. Don’t plan for intimate nights and try not to have expectations when intimacy occurs. Those of you with children will have to take what you can get, when you can get it.
8. Go shopping together. Take your loved one shopping for adult novelty gifts to lighten the mood. Get the conversation going and see where things lead.
9. Take your time. Show your partner that the journey of being intimate is as rewarding as the goal. Don’t race for the finish line and watch as those efforts are reciprocated.
10. Be present. Try to remain present when you are with your partner. Vibrators and sex toys can spice things up but there’s nothing sexier than being locked in with another person.