If you are looking for a neurosurgeon, then you will want to find the right one that can best meet the needs of your particular condition and issues. Neurosurgeons have a wide range of specialities as they work with any major problems that affect the nervous system, including the peripheral nervous system. Visiting a neurosurgeon doesn’t always mean that you will need to have surgery. In fact, they will often (and should often) explore every other possibility first before opting for surgery. A neurosurgeon’s job is to prevent, diagnose, and rehabilitate any disorders affected by the nervous system, including surgery if needed.
A neurosurgeon can do many things but they do have specific specialties. Listed here are the top five specialties of a neurosurgeon:
- Brain surgeries. When you visit a neurosurgeon, then they will have expertise in brain treatment and possibly even brain surgery. You can find the right neurosurgeons that will have the experience that you need for the specific brain surgery or treatment that you need as well.
- Back pain surgeries. You can also expect your brain surgeon or neurosurgeon to have expertise in back surgery and back pain treatments as well.
- Peripheral nerve treatments. The peripheral nerves are included in many different types of treatments that you can find with the right neurosurgeon.
- Spine surgeries. You can also expect to find spine treatments and surgeries from the right neurosurgeon, which can include the treatment of tumors on your spinal cord.
- Tumor treatments. A neurosurgeon can also help with other types of tumors that are affecting the nervous system. This can include tumors in the spine, neck, and brain. You will want to visit a neurosurgeon for these types of treatments in order to get the best care for your particular condition.
As you can see, these were five of the top specialties that you will find with the right neurosurgeon. If you are looking for a neurosurgeon, then you will want to start by getting a recommendation or referral from your doctor or neurologist. It is likely that your primary care doctor will refer you to a neurologist who will then refer you to a neurosurgeon, pending on the state of your condition. As seeing a neurosurgeon doesn’t mean that you will have to have surgery, then you may need to see a neurosurgeon in order to find the best options for your treatment regarding your brain, spine, or neck injury or diagnosis.
You can also go directly to a clinic or office of a team of neurosurgeons without a referral from a doctor. If you have an idea of what you need or are seeking the specialists right away, then you will want to visit a clinic that can take you in for a consultation. They can assess your needs and start with the right conservative treatment and care that will best help you. You can start by consulting with the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in spine and brain care and can help you find the right treatments for your needs.