Coming to the realization that you want to join the ‘hip’ crowd of turntable owners is only half of the battle to getting there. The other half is identifying the right turntable for you, one that will do the things you want it to do while costing the amount you’re comfortable with. The first step in this process should be to identify the company you want to buy from. While there are all sorts of great options out there, from a Rega turntable to something else, one company is always a great choice: VPI. VPI turntables are known by music listeners to produce an incredibly high quality of music. The sound that comes out of these turntables and their subsequent speakers always sounds great, allowing you to hear parts of your favorite songs that you never even knew existed. They’re also great because they are very durable. This means you won’t have to worry about constant repairs or replacing them in a couple years time. Unless you’re incredibly rough with your VPI turntable or you drop it on the ground, it should work for the next decade with no problems at all.
However, knowing that you want to purchase VPI turntables is only part of the way there. The other part is identifying the product that perfectly matches your individual needs. To help you get there, here are five tips. Follow these and you’ll be listening to your favorite vinyl albums in no time.
1. Know what you want it for. The first step is understanding the kind of music you’re going to listen to on it and where you’re going to use it.
2. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. One of the biggest mistakes that people make is thinking they know the answers to everything. This is true in life and it’s certainly true when people are looking to buy VPI turntables. If you don’t know what something means in the item’s description, then ask someone who does. If you’re buying them online, use the chat rooms that the dealer offers. If you’re buying them in a store, ask someone to help you. A great online shop that offers excellent customer service and is more than happy to answer your questions is SoundStage Direct. Give them a try.
3. Know your price range. The best way to narrow your search is to say to yourself the amount of money you’re willing to spend and then sticking to that number. This will help you eliminate a few options right away.
4. Read reviews. Take some time to read reviews of their various products. Those that are reviewed the best are probably the best turntables. The better things you are hearing about a particular product, the more likely you are to enjoy it yourself.
5. Be thorough. At the end of the day, selecting the perfect VPI turntables for you is all about being thorough. Take your time when shopping around. This is going to be a major purchase, so you want to make sure that you get it right the first time.