Eating disorders are very real conditions that can cause devastating effects both psychologically and physically on those that suffer from one of the many different types of eating disorders that are out there. These are not a lifestyle choice nor are they welcomed by anyone. Rather, they are a disproportionate view on your health, body weight and body image that can lead to life threatening conditions.
Eating disorders are not to be taken lightly either with the mass amounts of American suffering from them on a regular basis. In fact, nearly 20 million women and 10 million men suffer from an eating disorder at some point in their lives. There are some eating disorders that are much more prevalent than others. Listed here are the top five common types of eating disorders along with the proper eating disorder treatments:
- Anorexia nervosa. The most common type of eating disorder is anorexia. This is a type of eating disorder where the person will see themselves in a disproportionate view and will severely restrict their caloric intake in an effort to lose weight.
- Bulimia nervosa. Bulimia is another very common type of eating disorder in which the person affected by bulimia will see themselves in a disproportionate manner and will binge eat and then force themselves to purge it back up. The person affected by bulimia will experience feelings of being ‘out of control’ during their binge and purge episodes.
- Binge-eating disorder. This is a disorder where the person will binge eat extremely large amounts of foods. It is differentiated from bulimia in the sense that the person will not purge the food back up. This results in severe weight gain.
- Purging disorder. This is a type of eating disorder where the person will purge up their food but will not necessarily binge eating prior to purging.
- Night eating disorder. A night eating disorder is where a person eats excessively at night.
As you can see, these were just five of the many types of eating disorders that exist. These are the most common types. However, you can find many variations of these and it is important to find help for anyone that you suspect is suffering from an eating disorder. You can send them to the right eating disorder clinic in order to get evaluated and to find the right treatment methods that will work best for them.
There are many different eating disorder clinics that you will need to choose from when it comes to finding the right treatments for the particular type of eating disorder that you or a loved one is suffering from. You will want to reach out to the right clinic that will offer various forms of therapy along with counseling, both individual and group counseling.
If you have any questions or want to go with the best, then you will want to reach out to the experts over at Ramey Nutrition. They are the leading experts in eating disorder treatments and can really help you determine the right steps for quick and healthy recovery.