If you are thinking about going on a camping trip, then you need to think about what you want to bring along with you. Luckily, there are many great outfitters in Ely as well as in other great camping destinations that can help you with all of your camping questions. However, your first step will be to decide if you want to take a car camping trip or a backpacking trip. These are two very different types of trips as you will want to plan different for each type of trip that you take. For example, if you are taking a car camping trip then you will be less worried about weight and more concerned with the gourmet camping meals that you will be stirring up over your campfire.
Listed here are several things that you will want to include on a BWCA camping trip or wherever you may be going. Of course, if you are taking a backpacking trip, then you will want to determine which of these are more important then others as you will be more concerned with the weight that you are carrying on your back.
- Backpack. You will want to be sure to bring along a backpack if you are going on a backpacking trip! If you are car camping, then you may just want to take a smaller backpack for day trips.
- Tent. You will need a tent to sleep in and will want to consider a pricier tent to ensure that you don’t get wet in the event of a storm. Big Agnes makes great tents for reasonable prices.
- Sleeping bag. You will also want to be sure that you have a sleeping bag that is warm enough for where you are going.
- Camp stove and fuel.
- Headlamp. A headlamp is vital for evening activities.
- Sleeping pad. You will be happy that you brought along a sleeping pad even if it doesn’t seem worth it at the beginning.
- Rain gear. You definitely want to have the right rain gear with you.
- Your friends! Bring along friends for fun!
- Warm clothes. You will definitely need warmer clothes for the trip.
As you can see, there are many items that you can choose to bring along on a camping trip. If you are on an overnight trip and it is your first time, then you will want to consider working with an outfitter to help you find the right gear for your trip. If you are in Ely getting ready for a camping trip in the great outdoors, then you will want to consider calling in the professionals over at Spirit of the Wilderness. They are the leading experts in camping and fishing trips as well as canoe trips and can help you determine the best route to take as well as what to bring along with you. They can even outfit you with all of the right gear. So give them a call right away and get on the path to your big camping trip as soon as possible.