We have all experienced some kind of accident with our phones or our tablets. We have these things with us all of the time so it is no surprise to anyone out there that eventually accidents happen and you end up panicking trying to figure out how to save your phone or your tablet. One of the most common problems that we tend to face with our phones is how to deal with water damage. It can also be one of the scariest. When we drop our phone and the screen breaks, we are unhappy because that means having to take another trip to Zaggs Phone Repair in order to get it fixed again but at least we are pretty sure that there is a good chance that after the screen has been replaced, all of our information and data is still going to be there. When you drop your phone or tablet into water, it’s a gamble if anything is going to come out or if you are ever going to be able to fix it. While it is always going to be a bit of a gamble, here are a few saving grace possibilities that you can try in order to do your best to save your phone or tablet.
- Obviously take it out of the water ASAP. T his may be difficult for some people considering one of the most common reasons for water damage with phones and tablets is that they fell in the toilet but you have to do it and it won’t be that bad, we promise.
- As soon as you have it out of the water, make sure to turn it off right away.
- Take apart every piece that you can. The battery is the most important thing to take out but of course some tablets and phones won’t let you take out the battery. If that is the case for your phone or tablet, take apart everything that you can so that the water has as many places to escape as possible.
- Try to dry out the phone or tablet by either applying light heat like a low blow dryer. Be careful not to have the hairdryer too high or to leave it in one spot and fry anything though. If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can also put your device into a bag of rice overnight.
- Leave everything overnight and in the morning if it looks dry enough try to turn it on. If it works well then hallelujah. If it still isn’t working you can take it into a phone repair store like Zagg Phone Repair and see if there is anything that they can do. Most of the time water damage is a pretty difficult thing to repair but if anyone can do it, it is the professionals at Zaggs Phone Repair.
Hopefully these tips will help the next time you have a problem with water getting too close to your phone and tablet. Remember you can always take your phone or tablet to a cell phone repair store and have them look at it and at least let you know if there is anything that can be done or if you are just going to have to deal with the fact that you are going to have to get a new phone or tablet a little bit earlier than you had hoped or expected.